ABOUT Nada Acudetox Training
Are you looking for NADA Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist (Acudetox Specialist ) in India or next ADS training or hoping to add NADA protocol into your existing prevention, wellness ,addiction treatment or rehabilitation facility or behavioral health program? Indian Association of Acupuncture Detoxification Specialists is committed to ensure that the training and certification of Acupuncture Detoxification Specialists meet clinical and ethical standards.
Criteria for Acudetox Training in India (as per Indian Association of Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist )
The NADA protocol is an adjunctive formula tool that can be incorporated into any treatment modality for substance misuse, stress reduction , wellness ,trauma and associated issues. It is designed for those who are already working in the stress reduction service, addictions treatment services, trauma center or who want to add to their knowledge and provide other treatment options for their clients. This course is a blended learning experience – theory, practical, group work, ongoing assessment, individual examinations, continuing clinical and professional development and sustained membership.
If you are a candidate working with clients who have, trauma, stress and substance misuse issues and you work within a supervised treatment setting then you may be eligible to do the NADA India training (IAADS approved). For example, we have trained candidates with a variety of roles within the De-addiction centers ,Prison Service, Mental Health Trusts, Probation Service, Community Drug and Alcohol Teams. These range from outreach workers, needle exchange workers, nurse specialists, doctors, prison officers, probation officers, physiotherapist etc.
Obtaining a Training Completion Certificate
Every trainee must complete the combined didactic and clinical experience provided and/or overseen by a Nada Trainer. In addition, he or she will demonstrate to the satisfaction of that Nada Trainer a mastery of the basic competencies.
Upon successful completion of all requirements (hours and competencies) and an application process, the ADS will receive a Certificate of Training as an Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist/Associate/Assistant
Occasionally applicants are not able to demonstrate the required competencies even upon completion of the required hours of training. Such applicants will not be eligible to receive a certificate until they do so. Individuals may work with a Registered Trainer/supervisor to identify deficits and, in partnership, create a plan that will allow the individuals to achieve appropriate mastery of the materials and techniques.
The Training Completion Certificate indicates successful completion of NADA acudetox training and demonstration of entry-level skills. NADA does not provide initial or ongoing certification of ADSes /licence to practice.
ADSes are encouraged to maintain competencies and continue to expand their knowledge by pursing continuing education, attending the NADA annual conferences and maintaining active annual membership in the organization. ADSes each sign an Ethics Pledge verifying the understanding of and agreeing to abide by rules regarding limited scope of practice as appropriate, confidentiality, client rapport and respectful treatment, financial interest, and sharing experiences with the NADA community.
NADA asks that each trainee complete a membership application at the onset of training. This membership, good for one year, entitles trainees to all the benefits of membership including the newsletter.
Upon successfully completing training requirements and demonstrating mastery, the Registered Trainer will submit the trainee’s completed application for the Certificate of Training as an Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist/Associate/Assistant to the Nada India office, signed by the Registered Trainer, along with the trainee’s signed ethics pledge.
Read more about ear acupuncture and addiction treatment in India.
Read the article_on_acupuncture_and_treatment_readiness.
Click here to participate in acudetox training or read more about Acudetox India here.
Disclaimer:This course/workshops as of now do not provide any degree or diploma, these provides additional knowledge to your existing clinical expertise. Your practicing of Acupuncture/Ear Acupuncture will solely depend upon the law of land and your respective professional bodies. This course is meant for the doctors, acupuncturist and others as mentioned above to sharpen their clinical skills and knowledge through Continuing Education programs.
SOME PERSPECTIVES ABOUT EAR ACUPUNCTURE
Click here to read about Nada Ear Acupunture.
THE HISTORY OF ACUDETOX INDIA
Nada India promotes two basic approaches one is the use of ear acupuncture at all stages of addiction treatment & rehabilitation and peer based interventions. NADA protocol was developed and spearheaded as a worldwide movement by Dr. Michael O. Smith Psychiatrist and Acupuncturist from New York the Founder of National Acupuncture Detoxification Association.
IAADS is solely funded by its membership dues. Help support the important work of this association and become a member! By becoming a member you will receive:
- News updates from IAADS bi-monthly newsletter (Updates by email of current events and news ) exclusively devoted to recovery and healing from addictions, trauma, and other behavioral health issues and world wide NADA movement.
- Discounts on the annual workshop/ conference.
- Listing on acudetoxservice.blogspot.com of all registered ADS that provide Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist services.
- Support in starting a new program, advice on how to help maintain a program, and assistance in contacting other NADA professionals who can provide invaluable consultation and guidance worldwide.
- Member for NADA ,ADS ( One years) Rs.300/-
- Member for NADA ,ADS (Three years) Rs.500/-
- Life member for NADA ,ADS (one time) Rs.5000/-
- Associate member /volunteer (Any one who supports the cause) Rs.100/- per annum
Contact for details: E-mail- [email protected], Mob- 9810504544 and send the filled form at following address:
Dr.Ajay Vats Chairperson, IAADS & Training In-charge Contact No. 9810594544
Indian Association of Acupuncture Detoxification Specialists 1073/A-2,C-2 Sondhi Building Ward One Mehrauli New Delhi 110030 India
You can click here to participate in Acudetox Training Process. Please send an email request at [email protected] along with filled form.
OBJECTIVES OF ACUDETOX INDIA
Indian Association of Acupuncture Detoxification Specialists (IAADS) was registered as a trust on 11/01/2011 in New Delhi with a focus on development of quality services available by NADA, (Acupuncture Detoxification Specialists ADS ) in India by:
- Promoting and advocating the understanding of the problems and issues faced by health professionals, Counselors, peer counselors who acquired training as Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist (ADS) as per the NADA protocol.
- Advancing education and research in the field of Holistic health, Ear acupuncture (NADA protocol) and addiction treatment, rehabilitation.
- Promote and advocate the professional needs of Acupuncture Detoxification Specialists (Like addiction counselor, peer counselor ,social workers and correction officers , physician and mental health professionals etc.) trained and certified as per the norms set by National Acupuncture Detoxification Association ( NADA) especially those working in the Government ,peer led rehabilitation centers, private and other non-governmental organizations.
- The Trust will undertake initiatives in the areas of ethics, regulatory system, govt. policy vis a vis ADS, accreditation of CME programs, treatment guidelines & data bank related to ADS and their training. To maintain a register of ADS trained and certified as per NADA norms and guidelines.
Read more about the Nada newsletter here.